x10 free hosting offers UNLIMITED free space and few outages. So fire up owncloud on your x10 site and you’ve got
1. Sign up for GuHat Free Unlimited Hosting.
2. Create a new custom site.
3. Download the OwnCloud easy setup PHP script and upload it to your site with x10’s cPanel File Manager.
4. Navigate to the script and follow directions.
5. Send me Spotify premium code as an optional thanks!
Video tutorial on the way!
UPDATE: there was an error, you need to use GuHat instead of x10, x10 does not allow OwnCloud. Sorry!
TechCrunch is running a contest to win a MacBook Air and a 1 year premium subscription to LogMeIn’s Meldium cloud password manager.
Enter at http://virl.io/FgjBSBwj.
If you like my blog, please send me some spotify promo codes: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of you may have heard the news about sf’s “abandonment project takeover” of GIMP, Nmap, and FileZilla. So the next time you see a project hosted on SourceForge, please take the time to explain to the project leader why they should consider hosting it elsewhere.
Some of you may have heard that Google+ Photos is dead. At first, I was quite unhappy that Google was senselessly dismantling the world’s best social network. But then I saw that it gives you UNLIMITED FREE storage!
My first thought = stenography;
But then I realized that to get the free unlimited storage, you had to allow the file’s to be compressed down to 16 MP. Surely that would strip out the encoded files. So here == my concept for free unlimited cloud storage:
1. File is uuencoded or pgp-crypted (either way it becomes text)
2. Text is split into 3kb blocks (max for a QR code).
3. Convert each block into a QR code and put them all in a folder.
4. Upload folder to Google Photos.
All I need to do is write a script to actually do all this!